There are times when we long to be able to help someone whom we love very much, but we can do nothing. Circumstances will not allow us to approach them, or the person is closed off to any gesture of solidarity or support. Then all we are left with is the love. At such times, when we can do nothing else, we can still love - without expecting any reward or change or gratitude. If we do this, the energy of love will begin to transform the universe about us. Wherever this energy appears, it always achieves its ends. "Time does not transform man. Will-power does not transform man. Love transforms..." says Henry Drummond.
A rose dreamed day and night about bees, but no bee ever landed on her petals. The flower, however, continued to dream. During the long nights, she imagined a heaven full of bees, which flew down to bestow fond kisses on her. By doing this, she was able to last until the next day, when she opened again to the light of the sun. One night, the moon, who knew of the rose's loneliness, asked: 'Aren't you tired of waiting?' 'Possibly, but I have to keep trying.' 'Why?' 'Because if I don't remain open, I will simply fade away.' At times, when loneliness seems to crush all beauty, the only way to resist is to remain open...
(TEXT From Like the Flowing River © by Paulo Coelho)
Well, I was properly touched and forced to put my life into perspective... Why was I giving up on love? It's clearly a beautiful thing, I honestly cannot deny that... :') But you know what, I don't think I'm strong enough anymore. I've endured so much and I've given up... I don't want to just 'fade away'........ Stubborn is one of my unflattering traits fyi. Guess that's why I'm still going through with my decision. Hmm~ but then again, fate is big downright effer isn't it? Always throws unexpected shit my way...
But hey, to that friend of mine. Thanks for sharing this with me... Sweet of you-- but wow, couldn't be at a more wrong time x) hahaha. It really made me cry like a bitch that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment